Lecturer, Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapy
School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science – Faculty of Health Science
Two part time roles (1.0 FTE in total) available:
- Part Time, Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
- Part Time, Fixed Term Contract (3 years)
The number of days worked per week will be negotiated with successful candidates.
$99,530 - $118,115 pro rata (ALB) plus 9.5% - 17% Superannuation (depending on length of tenure).
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
The School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science aims to provide outstanding professional education and cutting-edge research. The School has a long standing excellent reputation for providing high quality industry related degrees in postgraduate physiotherapy in a range of specialty areas including Continence and Women’s Health.
Your new role
A rare opportunity exists for two part time Lecturers to join this nationally recognised specialised area of Physiotherapy. If successful you will be responsible for:
- Designing and delivering various aspects of Curtin’s Postgraduate and Undergraduate Physiotherapy courses.
- Contributing to the teaching within the Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapy Programs.
- Coordinating the Postgraduate Continence and Women’s Health Clinical Program.
- Providing clinical supervision for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Building strong networks within the industry.
You will bring to the role
- A postgraduate qualification in Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapy.
- High level teaching skills and a reflective approach to teaching.
- Demonstrated experience/capacity to undertake clinical and unit coordination.
- Proficiency in use of IT systems and online educational technologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers exciting career paths and trajectories including:
- Conducting innovative work that will make real-world differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
Curtin University does not require you to address the selection criteria, however your cover letter and CV should include sufficient information to allow us to assess your claims against the selection criteria contained in the “You will bring to the role’” section of the advertisement.
Please specify in your cover letter which of the two roles you would like to be considered for.
Applications close: 5 pm, Sunday 31st March 2019
How to Apply: Please apply directly via https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN625
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Explore some more https://healthsciences.curtin.edu.au/schools/physiotherapy-exercise-science/
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Peter Gardner – Acting Head of School, School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science
Phone: 08 9266 3656
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.