Non-Qatari Teaching Assistant
Department Name Legal Skills Department
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Teaching Assistants aid the faculty in carrying out their teaching and research functions and are under direct supervision of the faculty member(s) to whom they are assigned.
- Teaching assistants are not permitted under any circumstances to carry out the functions of a faculty member.
- Teaching Assistants are responsible for assisting academic staff in the delivery of high quality education to undergraduate students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare sufficiently to carry out the stated aims and objectives of the tutorial/exercise class.
- Facilitate and/or lead group discussions, either in small groups or with the whole class.
- Facilitate discussion around the theme of the class/tutorial.
- Ensure the smooth running of equipment necessary to achieve the aims of the class/tutorial (e.g. computers, software packages).
- Obtain from the course lecturer, or provide, suitable additional teaching materials as relevant to the stated aims of the class/tutorial.
- Aim to maintain a conducive atmosphere and environment for the achievement of the aims of the class/tutorial.
- Keep records of student attendance using the University system.
- Report briefly on the attendance and work of each student at the end of each semester.
- Hold an office hour once a week or once a fortnight as appropriate for each course, notifying tutees accordingly.
- Distribute, and arrange for return of, course evaluation questionnaires for each tutorial group taught.
- Mark essays or other forms of formative assessment as required by the course programme.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in related field is necessary. Working on PhD is preferred.
- A willingness and ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of University teaching quality standards including examination standards and procedures.
- An ability to lead a group activity.
- Good presentation, communication and analytical skills.
- An understanding of issues affecting undergraduates.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 01-Apr-2019