Learning Support Specialist
Department Name College of Pharmacy - Associate Dean of Academic Affairs Office
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
The College of Pharmacy is the first and only pharmacy degree program in the State of Qatar. The College offers 5-years BSc (Pharmacy), Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), 2-years MSc (Pharm) degree and PhD programs. Our program is the first international program to be accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) and partners with local and international education and health care institutions to support its academic and research mandates. As a lead College, the first of its kind in this country and a pillar of the Qatar University Health Cluster, we are undergoing constant change as we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent pharmacists, to meet the health care needs of this society. The vision of the College is to be the leading pharmacy college in the Middle East region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of learning support plan,strategies and actions in line with the University/College strategies for the development and enhancement of students’ learning experience and education.
- Prepare the schedule of learning support programs and update them when necessary.
- Manage learning support social media accounts and to organize awareness campaigns.
- Establish collaborative relationships with the academic departments and other learning support entities.
- Supervise Graduate Assistants/Teaching Assistants/and Peer Tutors.
- Monitor Learning Support Coordinators.
- Establish constructive relationships with students individually or in groups and interact with them to know their learning needs.
- Analyze the statistical data of the Learning Support Section as well as to prepare periodical reports.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- Master's degree from a reputable university in related field.
- Arabic and English are required.
- Minimum of two years of post-degree relevant experience in related field.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Three referees’ contact information.
- Copy of highest earned degree.
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 01-Apr-2019