Associate Professor in Gulf Studies, Research Methodology
Department Name Gulf Studies Program
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses ten departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication , Psychology , Policy, Planning & Development , Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health , Biomedical Sciences and Human Nutrition. The College also houses four Master Programs which are in Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, and Arabic Language. In Fall 2013, CAS will launch a new master program in Material Sciences and a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million/project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of applied quantitative and qualitative methods in social science.
- Extensive knowledge on theory and methods of social sciences.
- Provide advice, support and supervise students research and thesis.
- Provision of a general educational lectures and sessions for students
- Active participation in the program and college activities and committees
- Perform other academic duties in accordance with Qatar University academic bylaws.
- Commitment to research and scholarship and collaborate with faculty on research within and across departments.
- Offer significant input into the further development of Gulf Program
- Provide service to the profession, university, the community, and the State of Qatar.
- Help seek and obtain extramural funding.
- A doctorate in research methods applied to social sciences
- Record of publications in this field (commensurate with rank) in a range of reputable journals and publications
- Relevant and evidence of superior teaching experience
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Ability to provide leadership and engage in program development.
- IT proficiency for personal and classroom use
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website ( https://careers.qu.edu.qa)to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website ( https://careers.qu.edu.qa)and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may useit to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 31-Mar-2019