Teaching Assistant in Human Nutrition
Department Name Human Nutrition
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) houses three departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Health Sciences including Human Nutrition, Biomedical Sciences and Public Health. The College also houses two Master Programs which are in Biomedical Sciences, and Public Health.
Duties & Responsibilities
The B.Sc. Human Nutrition is established under the Department of Human Nutrition . The program is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for a faculty position in human nutrition at the level of Teaching Assistant, beginning September 2017. The candidate will be required to assist faculty members in the program, particularly in the courses that require tutorial sessions and student work groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct tutorial and laboratory sessions and supervise student working groups in the HNP courses
- Participate in the supervision of students in the internship
- Assist instructors in following up and grading student assignments
- Assist instructors and students in securing academic resources/reference materials for courses
- Maintain office hours
- Assist in the marketing and outreach activities of the program
- Assist in various other tasks related to the development and needs of the Program
- Solid experience in human nutrition
- Classroom teaching and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with students on an individual basis or in small groups and to liaise with faculty members
- Flexibility in dealing with various academic and administrative tasks
- Master in Human nutrition/ dietetics degree from an accredited University
- A registered Dietitian is preferred
- Experience in clinical training is highly recommended
- Teaching experience of at least two years
- Bilingual candidates are preferred (Arabic/English)
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.