Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 (HEW 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - 17% superannuation
- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
About the role
We are seeking an ambitious and talented Communications Coordinator who will work with the Centre Manager and Melbourne CSHE leadership group to ensure the vibrancy, quality, consistency and timeliness of the Centre’s communications to a wide range of audiences, internal as well as external.
The Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively with colleagues on the development and implementation of coordinated digital engagement strategies to promote awareness and involvement with the Centre’s activities, including its award and non-award programs. The Communications Coordinator will contribute to the development and influence of Melbourne CSHE in policy and practice across the University, throughout the tertiary education sector nationally, and internationally via research and policy networks. The Communications Coordinator will be part of a team of professional staff who support the quality of Melbourne CSHE’s suite of research and development activities, including the LH Martin Institute for Tertiary Education Leadership and Management and the Centre’s involvement in the University-wide Flexible Academic Programming initiative.
As the successful applicant, you will be able to demonstrate:
- High level skills in strategic communications, stakeholder engagement and brand strategy;
- Exceptional communication, writing and editing skills, creativity, brand management experience; and
- High level project management abilities, along with an ability to tailor communications to the particular needs of staff with different roles and in various contexts.
If you can demonstrate your talent in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check’
Advertised: 15 Mar 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Apr 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time