Lecturer in Education, Health and Physical Education
The Lecturer, Education (Health and Physical Education) will teach in Education into undergraduate and postgraduate programs within the Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Curricula. The incumbent will develop materials and assessment for HPE subjects across both undergraduate and post-graduate degree programs and will deliver lectures, workshops/tutorials through face to face, blended learning, and online delivery modes.
The Lecturer, Education will support community engagement and work collaboratively with schools and support the University’s Strategic Intent. This is a teaching specialist position whereby the Lecturer, Education’s research/scholarship will be related to their teaching practice.
Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
College of Arts, Education and Social Sciences
- Create, establish and facilitate learning experiences and strategies that support and encourage the provision of inclusive, student-centred learning environments.
- Design, develop and coordinate subject curriculum and assessment activities that reflect scholarly learning and teaching practices, and comply with core principles in JCU’s Learning, Teaching and Assessment policy.
- Use blended learning strategies, learning technologies, and a range of contemporary pedagogies to prepare and deliver lectures, workshops/tutorials and online learning experiences at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Evaluate personal and professional practices to enhance and improve learning and teaching and student outcomes; contribute to ethical professional practices in team and in teaching contexts; participate in professional development relative to discipline/course roles including peer review.
- Contribute to discipline and cross-discipline governance and co-operation at Academic Group and College level through participation in committees appropriate to the level of appointment.
- Conduct and participate in professional and community engagement activities, with a view to sustain positive professional and academic partnerships in pursuit of JCU’s strategic intent.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Lecturer Education (Health and Physical Education) is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Lecturer Education (Health and Physical Education) is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The Lecturer Education (Health and Physical Education) is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Possess: (a) a PhD in Education; (b) a teaching qualification, and; be eligible for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience in school settings
- Ability to lead undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in the area of Health and Physical Education across early childhood, primary and/or secondary school phases.
- Demonstrated successful experience working in teaching and community engagement projects.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a collegial manner, and demonstrated organisational and administrative skills.
- Experience in developing and delivering innovative curriculum in higher education and in blended learning modes comprising synchronous and asynchronous delivery.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, James Cook University’s Strategic Intent and focus on the Tropics.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Townsville
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Townsville
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Townsville
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Townsville