Communications & Business Development
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
The Director, Marketing and Communication is responsible for driving the University's marketing, promotional, communication, events and media initiatives in order to enhance the University brand and positioning within UAE, GCC and internationally. The Director will develop the University's Strategic Communications Plan and will lead and participate in the execution of the same.
- Advise and guide the University's top management on matters related to strategic communications, marketing as well as media response, as appropriate.
- Develop the University's marketing / strategic communication plan and framework to guide all marketing, media and communication related activities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of support materials and collateral for the University in the areas of marketing (branding and events), communications and public relations.
- Maintain the University's branding strategy and ensure that all printed / electronic marketing media is branded accordingly.
- Develop and manage marketing / communication networks and media relationships that effectively markets the University to external stakeholders.
- Provide on-going leadership, professional expertise, and direction in the planning and execution of high quality local, national and international events to capture the attention of the intended audience and media, ensuring all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost efficient manner.
- Build and manage relationships with advertising agencies, media, vendors and suppliers on all media related issues such as advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Ensure consistency of message delivery and alignment of key messages and initiatives across all communications activities. Manage and oversee the development and implementation of annual and special events calendar and ensure the efforts and department resources are utilized.
- Position and promote the University across multiple media channels according to strategic communication direction and plan.
- Develop, implement, and monitor new tools and processes that successfully facilitate the delivery of key information and communications messages.
- Translate overall brand strategy into tactical initiatives to increase the awareness of the University and attract high caliber students, faculty and partnerships.
- Oversee development of content for the University's website and social media to ensure that stakeholders remain abreast of its activities.
- Oversee the development of all promotional materials in terms of alignment to communication guidelines and leading practices.
- Oversee development of web, digital and social media marketing campaigns and execute these campaigns in line with the overall communication and branding guidelines.
- Oversee operations of the visitor center and information helpdesk to greet and receive visitors to the University.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
A minimum of 14 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, of which 5 years should have been in a senior managerial position, preferably in higher education.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?