Teaching and Research, Finance
Continuing, full time
A Leadership role
A competitive salary will be offered plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
The School of Economics, Finance and Property
The School of Economics, Finance and Property is seeking to appoint a Teaching and Research Finance Academic on a full time, continuing basis.
The School offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in finance and banking. It has an ambitious research agenda in finance and, through this, aims to provide a learning environment that combines high-quality and innovative teaching practices. Continually fine-tuned to keep them relevant, the courses provide students with an intellectually stimulating educational experience.
Explore some more https://businesslaw.curtin.edu.au/curtin-business-school/economics-and-finance
Your new role
In this position, you will make significant contributions within the Discipline of Finance and Banking to research and teaching, provide leadership in research and teaching to early career academics and have supervisory experience. You will make major contributions to research in Finance of international standing and engage and lead in innovative curriculum design and development.
The Discipline has research strengths in empirical work in the areas of corporate, investment and behavioural finance and candidates with a record of high quality publications in one of these areas would be very competitive. In addition, the School is particularly interested in boosting its number of CFA Charter holders.
You will bring to the role
- A doctoral qualification in relevant discipline
- An established record of highly productive research outputs with regular publication in high quality refereed academic journals, or outputs in other outlets, consistent with an international reputation in the field of finance
- A record of leadership in the discipline at either an international or national level.
- Significant experience and record of mentoring colleagues including early career researchers.
- Significant experience and record of providing supervision to higher degree research (HDR) students
- A demonstrated record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in teaching
- Demonstrated achievement in the discipline/field through the scholarly development and delivery of high quality educational courses
What we offer you
- Permanent, ongoing employment
- Competitive salary & benefits
- The opportunity to work in a highly productive and engaged team
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
A cover letter, a CV and you are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria listed under ‘What you bring to this role’
Applications close: Sunday, 8pm (AWST) 7th April 2019
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Professor Robert Durand - School of Economics, Finance and Property
Phone: 08 9266 9971
Please only apply via the attached link. Please do not send your resume direct to the above contact.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.