Lecturer, Department of Applied Mathematics
- Part Time
Deadline 5 Aug 2019
Start date 01.09.2019
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science:
a part-time (24 hours a week) Lecturer to teach key courses ensured by Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science: Mathematics, Optimization Methods.
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Are you interested in research? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration;
- supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
What do we require?
- A completed Master’s degree in the fields of Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics or in a related Mathematics area;
- the ability to lecture in Czech and English;
- teaching experience in Statistics;
- knowledge of optimization or statistic software;
- good command of the TEX system;
- commenced studies in a doctoral study program in the area of Mathematics or Operations Research is an advantage;
- a research agenda relevant internationally, e.g.:
- active participation in international scientific conferences or in a specialized seminar held in English;
- cooperation with a multinational company or an institution;
- cooperation with experts from abroad;
- work experience abroad;
- an internationally recognized professional certificate.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development; and
- opportunities for an internship abroad.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of teaching activity;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science (approximately 1 A4 page); and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 9. 2019 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your applications including the documents required for the selection procedure by 5. 8. 2019 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/48349 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.