- Full Time
31 Aug 2019
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position Microscopy specialist.
CELLIM – Cellular Imaging Core Facility is a light microscopy facility of CEITEC MU. Main role is to provide access to state-of-the-art light microscopy techniques and support during acquisition and image analysis to all its users. More information about facility you can find https://www.ceitec.cz/bunecne-zobrazovani/cf119. Currently we are looking for an experienced microscopist, who would be responsible for user training, microscopes maintenance and developing new advanced imaging methods using facility instruments.
- provide training and assistance to facility users with all steps of imaging experiments - experimental setup, sample preparation, selection of appropriate imaging method/instrument, sample imaging - widefield and confocal microscopes
- help with troubleshooting at different levels – sample preparation and sample acquisition
- performing cleaning and maintanance of the microscopes
- teaching microscopy methods on workshops and courses organized by CELLIM
- participating in CELLIM daily operations
- keep update with newest microscopy developments
- Msc or PhD degree in life science, physics or related field
- knowledge of optical microscopy and different imaging modalities
- ability to work in service oriented mode
- willing of learning new methods of microscopy
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- good communication in english language is required
- Work with different users on various projects on the state-of-the-art light microscopes
- MU employment benefits
- Starting date, September 2019
- Length of contract – 1 year, with the possibility of extensions.
Anticipated start date:
Please send the application (Letter of motivation, CV with description of required skills and
contact details of two references) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the “position” in the subject.