- Full Time
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is an emerging research university that acts as a catalyst for positive change in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
To provide professional expertise for the procurement activities of the university. To build and manage the procurement function and day-to-day purchasing activities of the university's entities
Key Result Areas:
- Support the supervisor in developing and communicating the vision and strategic objectives of procurement to the relevant stakeholders.
- Enlighten and provide information from experience for the development of the annual business plan and budget.
- Conduct market and product research and costs analysis to lead the implementation of new and alternative sourcing strategies.
- Develop negotiation strategies and serve as key negotiator for large contracts in order to ensure maximum benefit to the university.
- Lead and participate in negotiation sessions with suppliers.
- Assist in evaluating potential suppliers and identify cost reduction plans.
- Provide strategic guidance for procurement and supply chain management initiatives to continually improve efficiencies.
- Guide the process of planning, coordination and management of the operational, administrative, technical and financial aspects of the supply chain management process.
- Provide professional guidance on the development and maintenance of the relevant Key
- Performance Indicators (KPIs) to facilitate the performance evaluation of procurement.
- Lead the development and management of the procurement policies and procedures and ensure that they are clearly communicated to customers.
- Keep abreast of best practices within the procurement domain, especially in research-led higher education environment.
- Provide advice and recommendations regarding the procurement operational model, including the sourcing, tendering and managing the supply chain for the university.
- Develop and maintain Service Level Agreement (SLA) to ensure viability and appropriateness.
- Survey customers to assess satisfaction and suggest initiatives to improve customer experience.
- Guide the assessment of organizational requirements and creation of resources attraction plan A.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Local, regional and international travel may be required.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Associate VP for Operations and Support - regular contact to provide updates and seek approvals and feedback.
- HBKU Leadership - occasional contact to exchange information and updates.
- Internal & external entities (i.e. colleges, institutes, departments, QF, partner universities) to obtain information, and provide guidance.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates, compares and relates information from across the business.
- Identifies broader implications of proposed solutions across the organization.
- Uses own experience and evidence from theory, other industries and technologies to identify problems and understand situations.
- Reviews existing policy to enable effective problem solving and judgment by the team.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Exhibits sound judgment to anticipate potential implications of all decisions; balances benefits and risks and identifies areas of uncertainty.
- Evaluates information by penetrating questions, ensuring all information is available to make an informed decision.
- Arrives at well-researched decisions that balance quality service and cost.
- Encourages and supports appropriate risk taking by subordinates when making decisions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in commerce, business, logistics, law, economics or any other relevant field; master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- An internationally recognized professional procurement qualification is a plus.
- 8-10 years of relevant full-time work experience including experience in contract negotiation and tendering process; experience within an academic or scientific system is preferred.
- Outstanding understanding of relevant procurement regulations and principles.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and documents and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Applicants on the shortlist will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.