Research Fellow, IoT Microelectronics and Flexible Hybrid Electronics, FHE
The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department of National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for applicants for a Research Fellow to support prototype development. You will work closely with our researchers, students, and professors to understand and derive insights from scientific experiments and data.
The successful candidate will be supporting the research of microelectronic devices and circuit designs for reliable hybrid component integration from nanometer to micrometer scale, thermal, energy, signal management to enable broad class of applications for dual-use relating to IoT microelectronics and Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE).
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with researchers to co-design and co-integrate logic and power amplifier chiplet units with antenna and curvature strain sensors on flexible substrate.
- Integrate and enhance interfacial thermal spreading via nanomaterials and thermal metamaterial patterning on hybrid component and flexible substrate.
- Perform thermal and thermomechanical modelling and analysis tasks using simulation software.
- Work across multiple domains and lead research article publications.
- Lead new equipment purchases and commissioning.
- Assume super-user role of multiple equipment (ownership and maintenance) and leadership role for safety.
- Provide trainings and certifications to new users.
- PhD in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or its equivalent from a reputable University/Institute is preferred, or equivalent related experience.
- Candidate with experience in microelectronic research, characterisation, metrology and electrical testing, and strong in data analysis will have advantage.
- Knowledge of thermal and thermomechanical modelling and analysis.
- Self-driven and good communication skill including writing and presenting.
- Open to fixed term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8407