Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Teaching - Business Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
The role of the faculty lecturer is to develop and deliver innovative and high-quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of corporate industry. Lecturers must have significant professional experience in their discipline, as well as the enthusiasm to pass their passion for their specialist area on to students, learners, clients and peers.
As well as teaching, our faculty staff undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership, curriculum and content design, assessment development and marking, student cohort and group management, as well as teaching and training activities (face to face or online via the Adobe Connect platform). The role will include some evening teaching (sessions usually 6pm – 8pm) which could be delivered either face to face or online, dependent upon the programme.
The BPP School of Business is recruiting faculty to support the delivery and development of programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated practitioners with a keen sense of the corporate context, who are excited by the prospect of using their professional expertise to develop careers in higher education. For this role, we are interested in hearing from practitioners and/or experienced academics who can teach a range of business management related modules on our MSc and BSc programmes (eg Digital Leadership, Digital Transformation, Executive Leadership and Governance, Project Management, Strategy, HR and Professional Development modules).
- Maintain a sophisticated understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate industry, including an appreciation of how technology is impacting the workplace, the professions and job roles in their specialisms.
- Develop and deliver high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists that reflect current corporate and professional body priorities.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments and professional development activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators, complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
- Bring professional expertise and an understanding of the current corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Manage cohorts of students through virtual learning environments.
- Any other duties appropriate to the role.
Department School of Business - Faculty
Vacancy location UK, London, London Fitzwilliam House
- A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification
- For those not currently holding either a teaching qualification or a Fellowship of the HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP's PGCLT or HEA scheme is essential
- Extensive professional experience in relevant corporate roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload;
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative;
- Digital literacy;
- PhD or equivalent
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications
- Everybody Matters
- Trust and Respect;
- Stronger Together;
- Embrace Change;
- Student, Learner and Client Centric
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 45000 + depending on experience