Senior Research Scientist, Cancer Science Institute
Senior Research Scientist, Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, National University of Singapore
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Senior Research Scientist to join the team with the essential qualifications listed below.
ESSENTIAL qualifications include:
(1) a PhD with 3 years’ relevant post-doctoral experience,
(2) strong track record of research achievement evidenced by high-quality publications in a relevant field,
(3) high-level experience in hands-on use of a wide range of relevant research methods including molecular and cell biology, somatic cell genetics, protein & nucleic acid biochemistry, advanced fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry
(4) skills in working independently and creatively to solve experimental problems
(5) effective communication and presentation skills, with experience in communicating scientific work including scientific papers, presentations and reports.
Preference will be given to candidates with: (1) Previous experience in research on genome stability mechanisms in carcinogenesis, (2) Knowledge of DNA repair, replication and mitosis in oncogenesis and tumour suppression, and (3) Previous experience with genetically engineered murine models.
More information on careers in NUS can be found at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/
Please submit applications including (1) a covering letter that explains why you are suited to this post, (2) a detailed CV, and (3) the contact details of 3 professional referees including your last position to:
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore
National University of Singapore Centre for Translational Medicine,
14 Medical Drive, #12-01,
We will only contact candidates who are shortlisted.