Research Fellow, Biospectroscopy and Bioimaging
2 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Environmental Research Institute (NERI) invites applications for one (1) Research Fellow position in the area of biospectroscopy and bioimaging, with a focus on environmental and biological testing for use of waste plastics on roads. The candidate is expected to work in research projects related to the use of plastic wastes in asphalt roads funded by the Alliance to End Plastic Waste, the National Research Foundation of Singapore and the Land Transport Authority of Singapore. The candidate will be working with Associate Professor Huang Zhiwei (Department of Biomedical Engineering), Professor Ng How Yong and Associate Professor Ong Ghim Ping Raymond (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering) in fundamental and translational multidisciplinary research on optical biospectroscopy (SERS, Raman and fluorescence etc) and microscopy imaging on the environmental and biological aspects of using waste plastics in roads.
The candidate should also possess good communication and team working skills and has the ability to present research findings in publications and professional meetings (including with agencies and the industry). The appointment will be for one year in the first instance (negotiable prior to employment) and renewable for another year subject to availability of funding.
To apply, please furnish the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae and transcripts, including a list of publications (provide softcopies of relevant papers)
- Four referee letters (including one from the PhD supervisor)
- Applicants should have a PhD in one of the following disciplines: Applied Physics/Biophysics, Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Physics, computer science/engineering, biomedical engineering or related area (e.g., analytical chemistry, informatics, biostatistics, signal processing etc.), or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in SERS, Raman, FT-IR, L-MS, GC/LC-MS, NMR, chemometrics, and optical instrumentation, biomedical optics and imaging, such as optical spectroscopy, microscopy, and fiber optics and optical design, etc., are preferred.
- Proficiency in analytical chemistry and multivariate data analysis, particularly FT-IR/Raman, HPLC, GC, MS, XPS, NMR, SEM spectroscopy are preferred.
- Proficiency in biostatistics (e.g., multivariate analysis), machine learning, and programming using C++, python, Matlab, Labview are advantageous.
**Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.**
For more information, you may contact:
Associate Professor Huang Zhiwei (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Associate Professor Ong Ghim Ping Raymond (E-mail: email@example.com)