Senior Lecturer/Lecturer, Clinical
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us in the School of Nursing and Health Studies for the following post(s):
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer (Clinical) (Ref: 210027V)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- planning and development of courses;
- undertaking course coordination, clinical assessments and mentoring, and classroom teaching in Nursing and related disciplines/areas;
- undertaking/engaging in scholarly activities/academic research and participating in School/University activities and administration; and
- performing any duties assigned by the Dean.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- a master’s degree in Nursing or a related health discipline;
- professional registration/licensure with relevant Boards/Councils as appropriate;
- relevant teaching experience with at least 5 years of professional experience;
- track record in relevant research areas where appropriate, and
- a good command of English and Chinese.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and competence in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 15 December 2021
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in November 2021 need not re-apply.)
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.