Research Associate, Artificial Intelligence/Data Analysis
The Department of Communications and New Media invites applications for one Research Associate or Research Assistant in Artificial Intelligence/Data Analysis under the “Artificial Intelligence, Disinformation, and the Public Good” project led by Principal Investigator Dr Taberez Ahmed Neyazi. The anticipated start date is 1 December 2021.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- assist with the data analysis and developing models
- crawling and scrapping publicly available data online
- provide admin and research support to the project
- conduct literature reviews
- manage data of the project
- contribute to the development of scientific papers and the dissemination of the study findings.
Successful candidates must have a
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Social Science, Communications or a closely affiliated discipline. Two years of work experience is desirable.
- proficient in computational and quantitative research methods and analysis
- proficient in network analysis or/and NLP
- good project management skills, demonstrated good writing and communication skills
Note: Candidate with good honours degree or a Fresh Masters could be considered for Research Assistant position.
Interested candidates are required to submit:
- Latest Full CV, including academic and employment history, scholarships and awards received, degrees obtained, other study and research opportunities;
- Scanned copies of all academic certificates obtained.
- Three reference letters