Lecturer in Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance, Macquarie Business School
The Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance, within the Macquarie Business School is currently inviting expressions of interest from appropriately qualified and professionally experienced people to present lectures/seminars/tutorials in Audit and Assurance, Business Law, Cyber Security, Blockchain, Forensic Accounting and Data Analytics units offered in the undergraduate and postgraduate courses during the day and/or evening. Appointed casual academic staff are expected to undertake student consultation and mark assessments and examinations.
Macquarie Business School is a leading Australian business school with a global outlook and a commitment to creating value for all our stakeholders through partnership. We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs and employs casual academic staff to support the teaching of these programs. Each year, there are employment opportunities for casual academic staff to participate in the delivery of courses.
The Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance, within the Macquarie Business School is one of the largest qualified accounting graduate providers in Australia and enjoy great support from professional bodies both in Australia and globally. We publish top quality research articles, books, book chapters and other research outlets in the areas of financial accounting, management accounting, sustainability, audit and assurance, capital markets, corporate governance, and accounting information systems. The Department also provides out-reach activities with both businesses and the profession.
Please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (no more than 2 pages) that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
1 - Qualifications
To give lectures or seminars applicants will generally have a doctorate (or close to completion of a PhD) in accounting, business analytics, data science, information systems, or related disciplines, or they will have a master degree with substantial industry experience in any of the following fields: Audit and Assurance, Business Law, Cyber Security, Blockchain and Information Systems, Forensics Accounting and Data Analytics.
2 - Recent Experience
Applicants from an industry background will generally demonstrate at least three of the following in the previous five years:
- Work, consulting etc. relevant to the teaching area.
- Current relevant professional certifications.
- Publications, academic or practitioner.
- Significant participation in professional associations or other policy or standard setting bodies.
- Active membership on board(s) of directors.
- Presentations and workshops for business and management professionals.
- Development and presentation of executive education.
- Media representation in professional publications/popular press.
Applicants with an academic employment background may instead demonstrate at least three of the following in the previous five years:
- Research publications in business analytics, data science or related disciplines in peer reviewed journals.
- Scholarly teaching publications or grants.
- Competitive research funding grants.
- Relevant active service, including editorships, with academic, professional, or other business/management publications or committees.
- Leadership positions in recognised academic societies, receiving research awards, gaining academic fellow status, invitations to deliver presentations.
- Significant participation in academic associations, professional standard setting bodies or policy making bodies.
Applicants who have recently completed a PhD may also submit applications. They will be considered on their merits, and should contain, as a minimum, details of publications, conference proceedings and presentations, research grants and teaching experience.
3 - Other Requirements
Additionally, applicants will possess the following:
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience with commercial analytics tools
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students
Preference will be given to applicants who hold higher, relevant degrees, demonstrate higher levels of recent experience, and have teaching experience, preferably at University level.
Successful Expressions of Interest will be kept on file, and may be considered by the Department when a vacancy arises that is an appropriate match to their skill base, disciplinary background, and availability. Neither having an Expression of Interest on file, or being considered for a vacancy, imply that employment is guaranteed. Please note that by providing an Expression of Interest for these positions, you agree that your details may be placed on file for a period of 24 months. The department may require that you work as a tutor before working as a lecturer.
Role Enquiries: Elizabeth Bignucolo on firstname.lastname@example.org or Kit Leung on email@example.com
If you're already part of the Macquarie Group (MQ University, U@MQ, MQ Health, MGSM), you'll need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Login to Workday and go to the Careers App > Find Jobs.
Applications Close: 15/12/2021 11:59 PM
Equity & Diversity Statement
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University's values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.