Associate Program Director/Internship Coordinator, Master of Counseling Program (Calgary AB)
The Internship Coordinator is responsible for aspects of internship coordination of the Master of Counselling program offered in Calgary, A.B. Reporting to the Academic Program Director, the Internship Coordinator helps ensure quality and integrity of the program. Coordinates internship programs, provides proactive student support, develops teaching faculty, participates in curriculum and course development, teaches core courses and actively engages in academic governance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates internship processes, including practicum courses and internship placements. Provides liaison between site supervisors, students, and the university.
- Provides proactive student support towards successful internship completion. Addresses student concerns regarding internship placements and performance issues.
- Teaches two courses per year within compensation.
- Responsible for hiring and developing practitioner faculty. Fosters and promotes teaching excellence. Provides orientation, training, mentoring, coaching, and evaluation for practitioner faculty.
- Proactively supports students to become responsible, ethical, self-directed professionals.
- Engages in the scholarship of teaching and learning, as well as applied or original research.
- Participates in developing curriculum that is in alignment with the CityU Academic Model, and that focuses on application and current practice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A registered psychologist or clinical counsellor with a doctorate in counselling and/or psychology.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
- Experience with supervision and/or internship placements. Experience with community engagement and relationship building.
- Experience in higher education management and adult education an asset.
- Ability to address student academic-related issues and concerns in support of retention and student success.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing in a creative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Must be able to relate to and communicate with diverse students, faculty, staff, and external communities.
- Ability to present a professional image on behalf of the academic school and CityU.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and learning management systems in support of quality teaching and learning.