Senior Lecturer in Social Work
Application closing date 27/12/2021
Salary £42,149 - £61,818 per annum
Job category/type Academic
The School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work are recruiting for a Senior Lecturer in Social Work to undertake research in the field of social work and in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and to contribute to the School’s administration and outreach.
You will be responsible for developing and contributing to the research strategies of the School and build/develop expertise in the field of Social Work. You will also sustain a track record of published research findings relevant to stage in career by publishing in peer reviewed journals and presenting at national/international conferences whilst developing innovative research proposals and lead funding bids.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Primary or higher degree in a social science subject.
- PhD or equivalent awarded.
- Professional qualification in Social Work.
- Eligible for and willingness to seek required registration as a social worker with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council.
- Have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience following successful completion of Assessed Year in Employment or equivalent (which would be three years post qualifying experience).
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing various staff networks such as iRise and PRISM which help us to progress equality. We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena SWAN award. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/