Workshop Technician/Technologist in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 5,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering applied diploma, degree and masters programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of the Qatar National Vision, 2030.
The School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades invites applications for positions at the level of Workshop Technician/Technologist in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing.
Reporting to the Program Chair of Mechanical Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery, and evaluation of a broad range of courses within the mechanical/manufacturing engineering diploma and degree programs. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage, and supervise final year/capstone projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will maintain course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans.
All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the College and beyond.
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Manufacturing engineering or a closely related field is required;
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a university, institute of higher education, or industry training environment.
- A minimum of 7 years of industrial experience as a practitioner/professional in manufacturing engineering.
Candidates should also be recognized in the following criteria:
- contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice which would be expected to be international in its scope contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development professional recognition and standing amongst peers academic subject leadership or academic management Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
Other preferred qualifications:
- Professional certification in CNC, welding, or other manufacturing certifications Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based project
Other Required Skills:
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes. Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning Effective oral and written communication skills Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community Ability to initiate applied research projects.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include (but need not be limited to) curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts Canada United Kingdom jobs in United States
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors Canada United Kingdom jobs in United States
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Tutors Canada United Kingdom jobs in United States
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Academic Canada United Kingdom jobs in United States