Senior Market Insight Analyst
Senior Market Insight Analyst –
Reporting to: Senior Consultant / Market Research Manager
Job Role & Scope:
This role is an integral part of our small and busy team of higher education consultants, market researchers and analysts working within the fields of course portfolio review and student research for UK universities.
This role will focus on delivering and managing sizeable client projects to meet their requirements, with involvement throughout the process, from proposal writing and method design to analysis, reporting and presentation. You will be leading smaller projects and working with consultants and other senior team members on larger projects. You will need well-developed excel data analysis skills and previous experience of the THE sector is desirable.
You will be expected to lead client meetings and workshops, and represent the company in public (e.g. speaking at and organising conferences and events). You will be given support but freedom to develop the business stream to meet clients’ needs with innovative and profitable research proposals.
As a more experienced member of the team, you will be a member of the senior planning team, assigning projects and planning workforce development. You will be involved in business development, line management and coaching/mentoring, new product development and business process improvement.
The Knowledge Partnership has established an excellent reputation with our client base and are viewed as leading the industry with our professionalism and strategic thinking. We run an annual market insight conference each year and invite industry experts to speak as well as giving senior staff the opportunity to showcase their knowledge.
- Lead researcher for projects of all sizes, working with consultants and other senior level staff to deliver to client requirements.
- Involved in managing projects from start to finish, including proposal writing, attending pitches, method recommendation, project management, data analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Positively representing the Knowledge Partnership within client meetings.
- Making a significant supporting contribution to the improvement and the development of research products/services, with supervision from manager, the Head of CSM or Consultants, as required.
- Staff management responsibility including line managing and mentoring junior staff on projects and specific activities, ensuring best practice is applied and that quality standards are excellent.
- Responding to enquiries and requests for proposals for ad hoc research projects and proactively engaging with clients to fully understand their needs and likely project requirements in the future
- Building positive relationships with new and existing clients to encourage purchases of consultancy and research projects
- Setting high personal standards and setting a good example for other team members and demonstrating positive team working behaviour.
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed and within the job holder’s capabilities will be required.
- Five years’ professional data analyst or market research experience
- Strong technical analysis and market research skills
- Demonstrated success in presenting complex data clearly and accurately in both verbal and written formats, with a keen eye for data visualisation
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines, working well under pressure, with excellent planning and organisational skills in order to manage and prioritise own workload
- Able and willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances. Become quickly established with a commitment and enthusiasm to TKP and its work and alignment with our culture – “professional but open”.
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to at least undergraduate level
- Experience or knowledge of the higher education market (beyond as a student)
The Knowledge Partnership
TKP is committed to providing a friendly and collaborative working community. You can read more about us here: https://www.theknowledgepartnership.com/media/1810/10-reasons-to-join-tkp.pdf