Research Fellow, Human Capital and Learning Technology Scientis
The Lead Principal Investigator of a high-profile, joint adult education research project between NUS and Cisco Systems, is looking to hire a Research Fellow with hybrid skills and knowledge in learning systems design and labour economics to join the research team as a Human Capital & Learning Technology Scientist. The goal of this project to optimize the training of professionals for Industry 4.0 and in turn raise workforce productivity by leveraging learning and business analytics. Specifically, the “final product” will be a productivity-driven, physical-digital training ecosystem that delivers heutagogical (or self-directed) learning experiences seamlessly across different settings such as individual versus social learning and formal versus informal learning, to support different types of adult learners and learning behaviours. The brain of this novel learning environment will be a recommendation system that studies longitudinal data comprising professionals’ evolving skills set, career progression, individual and business unit productivity metrics, and talent management practices, and predicts training needs when new information is supplied. The duration of this project is five years. The successful candidate will be affiliated to the new Cisco-NUS Accelerated Digital Economy Corporate Laboratory and will lead the research team towards understanding how the quality of human capital and in turn productivity, can be improved through training that is optimized both in content and delivery.
Contribute to the research team in the following areas:
- Security, privacy and confidentiality of research data.
- Development of surveys and other instruments for research purposes.
- Data collection (through surveys, focus group discussions, interviews, Cisco’s proprietary platform for teamwork, NUS’s learning management system, etc.), including robust documentation of collected data.
- Construction and maintenance of datasets, analysis of data, modelling, and reporting.
- Prototyping and testing.
- Supervision of junior research team members (i.e., research assistants).
- PhD in a STEM or another discipline relevant to the project (with preference for Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Analytics, Learning Technologies or Labour Economics).
- Experience in building and maintaining datasets.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and data mining techniques as well as proficiency in a language suitable for advanced data analytics such as Python or R.
- Experience in learning technology prototyping, system integration and interoperability.
- The following would be advantageous:
- Experience in the analysis of data related to human capital and organizational outcomes (particularly, individual and business-unit productivity indicators).
- Knowledge of strategies to enhance adult (particularly, heutagogical) learning environments.
- Experience in developing surveys and qualitative research designs (e.g. interviews, focus groups).
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Analytical, resourceful and a team-player.
- High levels of integrity for responsible conduct of research and stewardship of data.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 7848