Research Engineer/Fellow, Living Analytics Research Centre
- PhD | Masters | Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 19 Dec 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The candidate will be given a mixture of research and engineering assignments. The engineering assignments include
- Collection and extraction of data for research purposes
- Design and implementation of software tools and demos to showcase research technologies
- Presentation of software tools and demos at exhibition and meeting events; and
- Collaboration with other researchers in conducting experiments and analysing experiment results.
The candidate will be assigned tasks under one or more research topic below:
- Artificial Intelligence NLP and text mining
- Recommender systems Knowledge graphs
- Data science
The candidate will contribute to:
- Design of research methodologies for novel research tasks
- Development of AI algorithms and models
- Design of experiments and evaluation of experiment results; and
- Research paper publications.
Research fellow is required to have at least a PhD in Computer Science or relevant discipline.
Research engineer is required to have at least a Master Degree or Bachelor in Computer Science or relevant discipline. In addition, we prefer candidates with:
- Good knowledge of Databases, Data Mining, Distributed Computing, Operating Systems
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++, C
- Experience in the following technologies will be beneficial:
- Apache Storm
- MySQL, Postgresql
- Tomcat, NodeJS, Apache, Nginx and Xampp
- Linux Environment (CentOS 6.x, Ubuntu 14.x), Bash Scripting
- Virtualization (VMWare, KVM, Vagrant, Docker)
- GPU Computing and Deep Learning