Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: School of Health Sciences
Salary: UoM 5 to UoM 7 - $75,011 - $103,921
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university, and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Department of Social Work
Social Work was established at The University of Melbourne in 1940 and continues to be one of the leading departments in the Asia-Pacific region. In July 2009, Social Work became a Department of the School of Health Sciences, in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
Social Work has a significant research profile and close local and national links with key human service agencies in the government and non-government sectors, social work professional bodies and other major social work schools internationally.
Since 2008 the Social Work has been offering a qualifying Master of Social Work Degree as well as several specialist Masters post-qualifying courses. In 2016, in a new development for the Department, it began offering online post-qualifying courses. Social Work also has a long standing, strong and vibrant PhD program focused on training future leaders in the profession and academia. As noted earlier, the major research themes within Social Work are child and family welfare (particularly domestic and family violence prevention), health, mental health and disability, and criminal justice.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative research team working on a global program funded by the United National Fund for Population (UNFPA). The program is co-located within the Department of Social Work and the School of Population and Global Health located in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. The position is particularly suited to someone from the community development sector familiar with donor agency project and contract management and /or contract management within the University sector. The successful applicant will be part of an academic research team of 12, with the opportunity to take-up line management responsibilities.
The appointed Contract Manager will be nimble, able to multi-task, and engage with a range of reporting responsibilities between multiple UNFPA offices and the University of Melbourne contracts and finance teams. The role involves high level contract management including liaising with the UoM finance, RIC and contract teams as well as UNFPA global offices in different time zones. In particular, the role will include responsibility for supporting UoM quarterly activity reporting to multiple program funders.
The appointee will be expected to implement existing UNFPA partnership contracts and support relationships to secure new funding and expand the portfolio of work.
This position reports to and works closely with the two Academic program co-leads based in the faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences between the Schools of Social Work and Population and Global Health. The position may require flexible hours to attend meetings with partners in other time zones.
You will have:
- Demonstrated capacity to manage collaborative projects to support research, health system strengthening or policy development in Asia or the Pacific, involving the management of personnel, timelines and budgets, and relationships with high level stakeholders such as government.
- A track record of success in coordinating complex contract management with rigorous reporting requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage workload effectively to meet agreed timelines
- Willingness to work cross-culturally with international stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders from policy and research environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team to achieve project goals and meet agreed deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy particularly the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in business / contract management or related field
- Experience in working with projects funded by international bilateral and multilateral donors, including adhering to reporting requirements.
- Content knowledge and understanding of violence against women
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Position Description: Contract Manager -SW_HealthSciencesRecruitment PD.pdf
Applications close: 03 Dec 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time