Research Associate/Assistant, Investment Law and Policy Programme
Applications are invited for a Research Associate/Research Assistant in the Centre for International Law, National University of Singapore.This is a 1 year contractual position. The duties of the incumbent will involve:
- Assisting the Principal Investigator and Research Fellows in the research, drafting and preparation of materials related to the law and policy of international investment treaties, including in connection with CIL’s position as an official observer in UNCITRAL Working Group III.
- Conducting research into topics of public international law, international investment law, and other areas as assigned.
- Assisting with the organization and running of webinars and workshops organized by CIL for government officials and scholars related to investment law and policy, both those which are open to the public and those which are invitation-only.
CIL provides a lively and congenial work environment and the opportunity to engage with experts in different aspects of public international law. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the activities of the Centre in general and to pursue his or her own research projects with a view to publication under the guidance of senior colleagues. This is an ideal position for a candidate exploring whether to undertake further academic work in international law.
Candidates must possess a minimum qualification of an LL.B. or J.D. An LL.M. or equivalent experience is highly desirable. Candidates should have a good knowledge of international investment law and public international law; a high degree of self-motivation; excellent English language writing abilities; strong organisational and communications skills; and the IT and publishing skills necessary to prepare teaching materials for online use. Candidates with knowledge of regional language(s) and/or prior working experience in the field will have an advantage.
About the Centre for International Law
CIL was established as a university-level research institute at NUS in 2009, in response to the growing need for international law thought leadership and capacity building in the Asia-Pacific region. CIL's focus areas of research and training are ocean law and policy, ASEAN law and policy, investment law and policy, and international law and practice which encompasses nuclear law and policy. CIL is located on the Bukit Timah Campus of NUS. For more information on the Centre including its vision and mission please see www.cil.nus.edu.sg.
Application Procedure and Process Interested applicants are invited to apply online with the following:
- a covering letter,
- a short statement of research interests,
- a detailed curriculum vita,
- 2 samples of written work,
- names/contact information of two referees
For more information, please visit: https://cil.nus.edu.sg/research/investment-law-and-policy/
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 10 December 2021. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of 12 December 2021.