Associate Professor, Health Promotion/Implementation Science
The National University of Singapore – which is the top-ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Associate Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) on the tenure/research/practice track appointments. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members may be eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation.
The positions are specifically for faculty to work in the Health Systems & Behavioural Sciences Domain of SSHPH. Researchers active in one or more of the following areas of Health Promotion/Implementation Science are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Research on:
- Behavioural and communication theories/models,
- Social, environmental, and behavioural change interventions, and
- Evidence-based strategies and their impact on socio-behavioural, environmental and health outcomes for various populations.
- Analyses of:
- Population health needs using mixed methods and appropriate statistical procedures, e.g., structural equation modelling, and
- Healthcare systems and policies to design health promotion interventions for the general public as well as at-risk populations.
- Planning, implementation, evaluation, and communication of sustainable and effective programmes targeted at health promotion and/or disease prevention for the public.
- Development and advocacy of practices, policies, and laws that will provide supportive and enabling environments for the promotion and improvement of public health.
- Leveraging on structures and mobilisation of organisational, governmental and community resources to create health-promoting environments.
- Research on attenuating implementation bottlenecks and roadblocks.
- Development and optimisation of implementation strategies and methods to generate sustainable improvements in healthcare and delivery systems.
- Promoting the systemic uptake of research findings to advance positive outcomes in clinical, organisational or policy contexts.
- Recognised Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline with strong post-doctoral research records,
- Track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals,
- Experienced in leading independent research studies or a component within larger research programmes,
- Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding,
- Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels,
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, and
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding,
- Developing collaborative, multidisciplinary research,
- Curricula design and teaching,
- Supervision of postgraduate students advising, and
- Contributing to policy/community development in the field of public health.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, along with a full curriculum vitae, and a list of names and contacts of three references to:
Ms Chua Wen Xi, Sophie
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
National University of Singapore
MD1, 12 Science Drive 2
#10-01, Singapore 117549
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.