The Principal’s Office (PO) are looking for an experienced PA to support a team of senior leaders within the SVP Operations Office. The postholder will report to DVP (Operations). This post is a 6 month temporary contract in the first instance.
The main purpose of the role is to provide high level PA support to the DVP Operations), Portfolio Director and Director of Corporate Strategy including smooth and efficient running of diaries, providing email correspondence and often being a first point of contact for the office.
We’re looking for someone who has substantial experience as a PA at a senior level providing operational support in a busy office with competing demands. You will be motivated by the challenges and opportunities facing higher education, highly organised, and flexible in your approach. We are looking for someone who has proven skills in managing numerous tasks and prioritising workload. Excellent communication and numeracy skills are essential as is an attention to detail. You will be a self starter with a can do attitude.
This post will be offered on a 6 month temporary basis
This is a full-time post
• To provide high-level PA support to DVP Operations, Portfolio Director and Director of Corporate Strategy. The varied workload will include: electronic diary, email and file management, meeting and event administration, drafting correspondence and briefing reports, and producing spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
• To serve as a focal point for the office, handling sensitive enquiries, facilitating information exchange and dissemination. High levels of tact, diplomacy and discretion are essential, as well as the ability to understand wider university developments and their impact on the work of the office.
• To ensure that high quality systems, processes and practices are maintained and to be committed to and help enable a culture of continuous improvement.
§ Proactive management of 3 senior manager diaries and day files (using Office 365 applications), ensuring that relevant papers, information and correspondence are available and accessible for all meetings. The diary is subject to shifting priorities, often at short notice; the post-holder will anticipate and adapt plans to accommodate these changing priorities.
§ Provide day-to-day administrative support to the DVP Operations, Portfolio Director and Director of Corporate Strategy including drafting correspondence, purchasing and processing expenses, maintaining accurate spreadsheets and databases, and organising travel arrangements.
§ Coordinate a variety of events, internal and external, including researching and booking venues, assembling materials (e.g. invitations and agendas) and ensuring the smooth running of the event.
§ Support formal and informal meetings by organising agenda and taking detailed minutes and/or meeting notes. Monitor and track progress on agreed actions from meetings, following up with relevant colleagues to ensure progress is being made.
§ Coordinate one-off projects, ensuring goals and deadlines are met.
§ Keep appraised of wider university developments and understand how these might impact or benefit the office.
§ Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders with tact and sensitivity, responding to requests for information or assistance. This may include being the first point of contact for advice regarding complex issues. Exercise initiative to identify creative solutions to novel situations in a timely and professional manner.
§ Research, collate, organise and edit material for inclusion in reports and other documents.
§ Contribute to meetings and discussions with ideas that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the office, and implement improved ways of working.
§ Work autonomously, as a member of a wider team; be supportive and encouraging of others. Build cooperation by setting an example and adjust approach/priorities to achieve team results.
§ Take on additional duties to support the team as required.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
Knowledge and Skills
1. Fluency in English Language and excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Excellent IT skills, including experience of using standard office packages and bespoke corporate systems including HR and Finance
1. Experience of providing comprehensive PA support to senior staff, preferably in the HE sector, including electronic diary management
2. Experience of providing complex diary management to multiple users
3. Experience of managing multiple data sets, ensuring their accuracy and utility
4. Experience of event planning and management
5. Experience of committee administration
1. The ability to use Office 365 suite of software efficiently including Outlook, SharePoint, Teams
2. The ability to comprehend complex issues quickly and identify solutions to problems independently
3. The ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a professional and assured manner
1. First degree or equivalent
2. Experience of using content management systems
Interviews will be held w/c 15th December 2021