Client Services Officer, Grounds
- Outdoor role with a variety of tasks
- Great team environment
- Secure job with attractive pay and benefits
- Continuing, Full Time
- $57,998 to $62,976 p.a. (plus 17% superannuation)
The Client Services Officer, Grounds reports to the Operations Coordinator but is under the day to day supervision of the Grounds Supervisor. The position is predominately a hands-on function, utilising the persons theoretical and practical knowledge in horticulture and turf management to contribute to the development and maintenance of the campus grounds and the routine servicing of grounds equipment. This position will assist the Manager, Campus Facilities to create a culture of service excellence within the Division and will be required to actively participate in the Departments continuous improvement service model.
To be successful you will have:
- a trade Certificate III in Horticulture: turf; parks and gardens; or other related field and subsequent related experience;
- problem solving skills and the ability to work unsupervised to meet deadlines on assigned tasks.;
- understanding and willingness to implement precautionary work methods when handling chemicals and poisons with demonstrable understanding of environmentally sound grounds management principles and practices;
- effective and safe operation and maintenance of a range of common grounds equipment with relevant Work cover training and/or accreditation;
- knowledge of work health and safety and risk management skills.
As part of this recruitment, pre-employment functional screening is required.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Division of Facilities Management is responsible for developing and maintaining campuses of the University including planning, design and construction of new buildings, refurbishments and maintenance of existing buildings and development and maintenance of grounds with the provision of security services.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Additional information is available in the Position Description or by contacting:
Therese King | Campus Facilities Manager, Bathurst | email@example.com | Ph: 0419203946
Closing Date: 11 pm, 11 November 2021