Online Lecturer in Psychology, Teaching Academic Level B
- Working from the City West campus in Adelaide
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 31 December 2023
- Commencement Salary: $101,784 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Working on site in Adelaide, South Australia, this role will work within UniSA Online to support the development and delivery of curriculum for the online programs.
This is an exciting opportunity, which will include contributing to the design, development and teaching of engaging course curricula and materials for the programs, implementing teaching approaches that maximise the student experience and learning outcomes, and contributing to the recruitment and development of teaching staff within UniSA Online.
We are currently recruiting an Online Lecturer to teach first, second, and third year courses into the Bachelor of Psychology. We are looking for a candidate with teaching experience in several areas of Psychology, including Work, Organisational and Cognitive Psychology, as well as the ability to teach Research Methods.
Critical to the success of the role will be establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders across the University to ensure that UniSA Online identifies and responds to strategic opportunities, and effectively leading and mentoring academic staff within the teaching team.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About UniSA Online
UniSA Online was established as a key project as part of the University’s Digital Learning Strategy. UniSA Online offers fully online degrees purposely designed for study on demand, 24/7 student support, and access to state of the art teaching and learning resources through an interactive online platform.
The UniSA Online unit, reporting to the Provost & Chief Academic Officer, delivers high quality, supportive, flexible and interactive online education for students, and embodies the corporate values of innovation, client service and academic excellence.
Essential Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A doctoral qualification in Psychology (or a relevant discipline) and relevant work experience
- Evidence of recent teaching experience and discipline knowledge within the Psychological field
- Demonstrated passion for and proficiency in undertaking teaching duties including the design and preparation of online teaching activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of a wide range of education technologies
- Understanding and experience in using a range of contemporary teaching methodologies
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Applicants are also required to upload a weblink to a video of themselves addressing the following question: “Based on your past experience, tell us in 2 minutes or less, why you would make a great online teacher in Psychology.”
Please address your cover letter to Sara Heidrich, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 3500.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Wednesday 3 November 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.