Research and Development Engineer (KTP Associate)
This is a great opportunity to be involved in this KTP project which aims to develop and implement a new digital manufacturing service, offering clients a responsive, accurate, and streamlined process for manufacturing dental aligners for orthodontic work. The project will develop a 3D Printed Dental Models’ (3DPDM) AI-informed software system alongside existing and new digital manufacturing processes to redesign the digital to physical manufacturing process from receipt of data to dispatch of dental products. The project will also assist in the company expanding into new customer bespoke health care products.
The opportunities available to you:
• Leading and delivering a challenging and strategic R&D project that directly impacts the business
• Support from an academic team with specialist knowledge and experience relevant to the project
• Potential to be retained in a permanent position within the company at the end of the project
• £4,600 professional training and personal development budget
• Leadership & management programee at Ashornehill College https://www.ashornehill.co.uk/
• Potential for performance-related bonus
For full details of qualifications, skills, and experience required for the post, please review the available documents.
Find out more about 3D Printed Dental Models (3DPDM): 3dprinteddentalmodels.com
Find out more about the Department of Computer and Information Sciences at Northumbria University: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/academic-departments/computer-and-information-sciences/
Find out more about KTP: https://www.ktp-uk.org/
To arrange an informal phone conversation with one of the project team, please contact Dr. Shanfeng Hu at email@example.com.
To apply for this vacancy please click 'Apply Now’ and submit a Covering Letter and your CV and where relevant any documents specifically request in the Role Description and Person Specification.
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality.
Please note this vacancy will close on 17/11/2021