Freelance Risk and Compliance Tutor
Job Profile Apprenticeship - Coaches & Assessors
Contract Type Freelance
BPP Apprenticeship School is recruiting for a freelance tutor specialising in Compliance/Risk in financial services across the Compliance/Risk Officer Level 3 programme.
We are looking for highly motivated tutors with significant industry experience and background to add value to the learning journey.
The role of the tutor is to ensure that students in the Apprenticeship School receive an outstanding experience. Tutors must ensure that learners are being stretched and challenged by developing their knowledge, skills and/ or behaviours from the Apprenticeship Standard during sessions. This is achieved via delivery of materials as per BPP’s teaching quality standards.
- Effectively plan for lessons and consider how key quality themes will be embedded whilst ensuring leader led / engaging session.
- Encourage a flipped learning approach and build on knowledge as learners progress through their apprenticeship programme.
- Communicate with the relevant BPP teams to ensure that any student support queries are addressed and feedback on design is captured.
- Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed lesson briefs and support from the teaching team.
- Regularly review your live teaching feedback from learners and the teaching team and consider how you can continue to develop.
- Ensure CPD is kept up to date and you are familiar with BPP's quality requirements.
- Be willing to participate in Ofsted inspections (sessions may be subject to observation).
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- A teaching qualification
- Significant Practitioner experience in the compliance/risk in financial services sector
- Relevant professional qualifications/membership to support sector and industry knowledge i.e. ICA/CISI/IRM are ideal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Ability to utilise the latest classroom technologies (such as Adobe Connect, Padlet, Kahoot, etc.) for face-to-face and online courses
- Some experience (particularly online) in teaching at a professional level of delivering seminars in a commercial context, relevant to the industry is desirable
- Experience of teaching to diverse student cohorts is also desirable
The role of an Apprenticeship School freelance tutor will develop your skills as a professional educator. Bespoke training is offered covering areas such as classroom techniques, marking assessments, teaching face to face or online using BPP systems and processes as agreed from time to time.
Contract Hours 0.00