Senior Business Analyst
- Opportunity for Senior Business Analyst to join our EPMO Office at Swinburne University
- Full time, fixed term role until Dec 2023, based at our Hawthorn campus
- Attractive salary package and benefits
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to contribute to the uplift of Swinburne’s Business Analysis capability through the definition, construction and embedding of best practice Business Analysis processes, methods and techniques as part of the Project Delivery Framework.
In this role, you will support change at Swinburne by enhancing business outcomes through the provision of quality and innovative BA services and will be accountable for the following areas:
- Delivery aspect: planning, managing, eliciting and defining requirements, from inception through to implementation, on a variety of projects across the University and collaborating with other project team members to support with development, testing, UAT, operational readiness, change management and post implementation support activities.
- Capability aspect: working with the BA community (BA’s, projects and broader ePMO team) to continually assess, identify and fulfil BA capability needs; including the resulting provision of policy, procedure, process, methods and tools required to uplift BA practices.
The role of Senior Business Analyst reports into the Deputy Director for Project Delivery and will work within a flexible and dynamic environment and collobrate with individuals who are passionate about contributing to the delivery of our 2025 Strategic Plan.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role will possess the following:
- Significant BA delivery experience in significant sized projects, including the production of end to end BA and requirements artefacts including BA approaches, plans, high level, detailed, functional and non-functional requirements
- Agile BA delivery experience – including the production of epics, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Providing BA input into key project activities and ceremonies such as planning/spring planning, work estimation, stand-ups, showcasing and retrospectives
- Experience with process elicitation, analysis and design
- Successful experiences with leading and driving BA work activity and outcomes
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Phil Costello (Deputy Director, Portfolio and Project Delivery) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all Swinburne workers to have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 22 October 2021 and to be fully vaccinated by 26 November 2021, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement
Applications close at 5 pm, on Tuesday 2 November 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)