Online Lecturer, Information Technology/Data Analytics, Teaching Academic Level B
- Based in UniSA Online located at City West campus, Adelaide
- 2 x Full-time (1.0 FTE) & 1 x Part-time (.5 FTE) fixed term contracts available until 31 December 2023
- Commencement Salary: $101,784 pro rata per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Working on site in Adelaide, South Australia, this role will work within UniSA Online to support the development and delivery of curriculum for the online programs.
The Online Lecturers will work with academic staff within Academic Units to support the development and delivery of curriculum for new online programs.
Key responsibilities include applying professional/discipline-related expertise to deliver high-quality online teaching to undergraduate students, contributing to the digital transformation of courses, and coordination and day-to-day management of online tutoring staff.
We are currently recruiting Online Lecturers (Online Course Facilitators) to teach first, second and third-year courses in the Bachelor of Information Technology & Bachelor of Data Analytics.
Critical to the success of the roles will be establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders across the University to ensure that UniSA Online identifies and responds to strategic opportunities and effectively leading and mentoring academic staff within the teaching team.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About UniSA Online
UniSA Online was established as a key project as part of the University’s Digital Learning Strategy. UniSA Online offers fully online degrees purposely designed for study on demand, 24/7 student support, and access to state of the art teaching and learning resources through an interactive online platform.
The UniSA Online unit, reporting to the Provost & Chief Academic Officer, delivers high quality, supportive, flexible and interactive online education for students, and embodies the corporate values of innovation, client service and academic excellence.
- Contribute to the design, development and teaching of course curricular
- Teach, coordinate moderation of assessment activities, learning support and evaluation
- Undertake course coordination activities and provide leadership to other academic staff
- Assist with recruitment and development of induction and training procedures
- Provide academic support, mentoring and advice to students
Essential Skills and Experience
- A doctoral qualification or postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Teaching experience and discipline expertise in Information Technology or Data Analytics/Data Science
- Passion for and proficiency in undertaking teaching duties
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of education technologies
- Demonstrated competence in using information systems that support online learning and course administration
- Experience in using a range of contemporary teaching methodologies
- High level written and oral communication skills and an ability to build a positive team culture
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Applicants are also required to upload a weblink to a video of themselves addressing the following question: “Based on your past experience, tell us in 2 minutes or less, why you would make a great online teacher in Information Technology or Data Analytics)”.
Please address your cover letter to Sara Heidrich, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 3416.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 28 October 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.