Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Mechanical Engineering 2021/22
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty): Mechanical Engineering Program
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The KAUST Mechanical Engineering (ME) program seeks candidates at all ranks who will develop a world-class competitive research program in one or multiple of the following key areas:
- Computational Solid mechanics / AI-based Material Engineering, with a focus on high-performance computing, numerical methods and applied mathematics for solid mechanics. Leveraging AI tools to do machine learning for structural mechanics and material discovery for targeted applications. Expert in very large-scale simulation of material systems and microstructures, optimization of materials by computational design, and develop numerical schemes / multiscale / domain decomposition / topology optimization in the solid mechanics framework.
- Robotics, Control & Mechatronics, with expertise in Autonomous and Field Robotics, with an applications emphasis in areas such as energy, marine, transportation and agriculture. Topics include multi-robot systems, self-assembly, swarms, human-robot interactions. The candidates should have strong expertise in areas of control, mechatronics or algorithm development. Experience with applying AI/ML tools to robotics problems will be considered an added bonus.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics, Modelling and Simulation, with expertise in simulation and modelling using computational fluid dynamics (CFD), high performance computing, and large data analytics. The candidate should have prior experience of CFD-driven machine learning, and optimization with the application of supercomputing, CFD and ML/AI. Potential applications to large-scale fluid systems, aerodynamics, modern power generation systems, internal combustion engines, gas turbines, gasifiers, and industrial burners.
The ME programs plays a pivotal role in supporting KAUST strategic initiatives: artificial intelligence, climate and livability, smart health and cybersecurity. Applications that would strengthen our footprint in one or more of these initiatives will be strongly considered.
The ME program focuses on the following areas: fluid mechanics, thermal sciences, energy conversion, combustion and fuels, control and dynamics, mechatronics and robotics, plasma science, materials and solid mechanics. The Clean Combustion Research Center (CCRC), affiliated with the ME program, carries out cutting-edge research on low-carbon fuels and energy-efficient systems
About the PSE Division and KAUST
The ME program belongs to the Physical Science and Engineering Division that comprises seven Degree Programs: Material Science and Engineering, Applied Physics, Earth Science and Engineering, Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Science, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. These disciplines provide the foundation for our Division's quest to address some of the major challenges that we face in the world today, including those related to energy and the environment. Specifically, our faculty members and their research teams work on topics as diverse as: photovoltaics, super capacitors, porous materials for carbon capture and membranes, clean combustion, atmospheric modeling, new polymers and composite for smart materials and structures.
KAUST is an international graduate research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through interdisciplinary research, education, and innovation. Located in Saudi Arabia, on the western shores of the Red Sea, KAUST offers superb research facilities, generous baseline research funding, and internationally competitive salaries, together with unmatched living conditions for individuals and families. More information about KAUST academic programs and research activities are available at:
A relevant Ph.D. degree. Proven track record in managing a research group as well as publishing high-impact papers.
Teaching and service responsibilities
Commitment to high-quality teaching at the graduate level, including two courses per academic year. Active service to KAUST on all aspects of academic life.
The University offers access to multiple sources of research funding to its Principal Investigators. The successful applicant should have an established record of publishing high-impact papers, and is expected to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form using the Interfolio online application system (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/faculty-positions). To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- a cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience,
- up-to-date curriculum vita which includes full publication list,
- statement of research interests,
- statement of teaching interests,
- a list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least six potential referees,
- copies of most relevant publications (maximum of five),
- two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus).
PLEASE NOTE: Only complete applications submitted through the online application system will be considered. Applications will be evaluated as soon as they are received, and will receive full consideration until the positions are filled.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia