- Dynamic Program Manager role within our EPMO Office at Swinburne University
- Full time, fixed term role until Dec 2023, based at our Hawthorn campus
- Attractive salary package and benefits
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to take on the Program Manager role, to be responsible for bringing capability to deliver a program of related projects across Swinburne University of Technology. The role is expected to provide Program Management expertise, guidance, tools and support, and is responsible for the end to end delivery of assigned program of works.
In this role you will play a vital role in working with our internal and external stakeholders to shape and transpose business needs and ideas into meaningful improvement opportunities and future state business solutions. In doing so, you will take a consultative approach with stakeholders, guiding, influencing and ensuring early alignment of business solutions to strategic objectives.
Other key activities/responsibilities include:
- Manage all facets of program management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk)
- Work directly with university stakeholders and service partners to define project requirements. Prepare scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification for a program of works comprising several projects.
- Identify program delivery resources required
- Lead program delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve program goals.
- Execute program documentation governance aligned with ePMO governance and assurance requirements. Ensure program data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
The role of Program Manager reports into the Deputy Director Portfolio Delivery and will work within a flexible and dynamic environment and collobrate with individuals who are passionate about contributing to the delivery of our 2025 Strategic Plan.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role will possess the following:
- Relevant Project Management qualifications
- Extensive and broad Program + Project Management experience across all areas of organisational change
- Previous program management expertise implementing an ERP solution
- Experience in a large-scale project environment.
- Experience in Program/Project Strategy development.
- Expertise in project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Phil Costello (Deputy Director, Portfolio and Project Delivery) by email: email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5 pm on Tuesday 26 October 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)