Associate Professor/Professor and Course Director, Occupational Therapy
- Department of Nursing and Allied Health
- Full time ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- Academic Level D/E plus 17% super
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. As our new Associate Professor/Professor and Course Director, Occupational Therapy, you will lead, innovate and embrace diversity to enrich the opportunities of colleagues and students in the delivery of postgraduate Masters of Occupational Therapy Program.
You will be focused on providing strong and energetic leadership in teaching and research for the program, within the Department of Nursing and Allied Health at Swinburne University. It is expected that you will have expertise in health research and will lead and contribute to curriculum in Occupational Therapy. At Swinburne University, you will deliver curriculum through several different mediums including face to face, online, and using virtual and augmented reality systems.
The Course Director will lead the course and contribute strategic direction working closely with the Chair of Department. The candidate will contribute to work integrated learning and progress an active research profile aligned to the strategic direction of the Department of Nursing and Allied Health.
The appointment will be made at the level appropriate to the successful appointee’s qualifications and experience.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will have:
- A doctoral qualification in Occupational Science or a closely related discipline and be AHPRA registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Extensive experience in undertaking teaching, associated administrative duties, coordination and curriculum development.
- A strong national and international reputation with a demonstrated track record in research and publications to a high level in areas related to occupational therapy/science
- Demonstrated excellence in and commitment to innovative education, including blended learning formats, online teaching, the use of a variety of visual and digital/innovative formats.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on apply or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Professor Rachael McDonald - Chair, Department of Nursing and Allied Health, via email email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5 pm, Friday 5th November 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Hawthorn
- Other Health & Social Care Directors jobs in Hawthorn
- Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts jobs in Hawthorn
- Other Health & Social Care Professors / Chairs jobs in Hawthorn
- Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Hawthorn