Workday Functional Analyst
- Utilise Workday expertise to contribute to an integral functional role within P&C
- Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- Attractive salary and benefits
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. As the Workday Functional Analyst you will provide expert functional and technical skills and be the subject matter expert of Workday.
Reporting into the People & Culture (P&C) Systems Support Manager, you will be a member of the level 2 support team and will be accountable for analysing existing systems within P&C and working in partnership with stakeholders and colleagues to develop and implement significant improvements to (P&C) processes and optimal use of relevant systems. This involves analysis and definition of business requirements, identification, design, user testing and implementation of innovative solutions, including business process reengineering and systems optimisation.
This role needs to build strong working relationships with other parts of the organisation to ensure effective and complete support of functional systems with the assigned domain. This position is responsible for driving high standards of customer service and working with stakeholders to ensure recognition of, and responsiveness to, the needs of internal and external clients.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Relevant qualifications and extensive relevant experience.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Workday and strong implementation experience.
- Extensive experience in implementing functional solutions with ERP or SasS software.
- Track record of evaluating the effectiveness of processes and systems, and identify areas of improvement that deliver positive outcomes.
- Ability to conceptualise and see the ‘bigger picture’, creating linkages.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Marian Martin (P&C Systems Support Manager) by email: email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5 pm, on Tuesday 26 October 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)