Excellence in Diversity Fellowship, Gender Equity in Stem
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Science
Salary: $107,547 - $127,707 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
The Faculty of Science is seeking to increase the representation of women in the academic workforce across science disciplines, and therefore strongly encourages applications from female candidates, in line with the special measure provided for under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (VIC). We also encourage transgender and gender diverse candidates to apply.
About the role:
To support the need for greater diversity and inclusion, the Faculty of Science has developed the Excellence in Diversity Fellowship to attract, support, and retain outstanding early career researchers with significant potential for research, community impact and contribution to workplace culture.
The University offers a world-class and robust research environment that is internationally engaged and recognised, community focused, with many outstanding areas of research strength. The University is committed to building a brilliant, diverse, and vibrant University community to better meet its purpose; to benefit society through education and research.
As a fellow, you will conduct innovative research in one of the Faculty’s six schools. You will be encouraged to engage with other academics, internal and external, and contribute more broadly to the core activities of your host School and the Faculty.
You will be provided with an academic mentor and other support to aid the development of your independent research program, including a research grant of $15,000 per annum.
You will be considered against performance relative to opportunity.
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
- Ability to work within and contribute to the performance and culture in one or more of the six schools in the Faculty of Science – BioSciences; Chemistry; Physics; Mathematics and Statistics; Geography, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences.
- A demonstrated track record of independent research excellence as evidenced by research outputs in leading journals for the discipline and other measures of academic peer recognition and/or research impact external to the academy.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare research reports and manuscripts for publication
- Strong evidence of ability and desire to build an academic research career trajectory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced by primary roles on publications, invitations to present at conferences and or engagement with external stakeholders (e.g. media or industry).
- Demonstrated ability to develop, administer and see through to completion appropriately designed research projects with limited supervision.
How to apply:
Apply online, complete the attached Research Proposal Form and submit it together with your cover letter and CV.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
Part time applications are welcome.
Application Research Proposal Form 0053902_Application Research Proposal form.pdf
Applications close: 28 Oct 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time