Research Engineer, Transportation
A Research Engineer position is available at the Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Management at the National University of Singapore. The postdoctoral researcher will lead funded research projects, supervise research students, and write research proposals and reports.
The research projects target to develop a new generation of a modelling framework to formulate the complexities of shared mobility and its interactions and interconnectedness with existing transportation networks. It is expected to deliver a comprehensive analysis tool to support the decision-making from various perspectives (i.e., commuters, operators, and public sectors).
- M.Eng/ MSC degree obtained in a related discipline (transportation engineering, operations research, or related disciplines)
- Strong interest and expertise in traffic simulation, mathematical modelling and programming, and reinforcement learning
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Expertise and work experience in programming with both traffic simulation softwares - Vissim and Python
- Expertise and work experience in programming with C++ (or Java) and optimisation solvers (e.g., CPLEX, AMPL)
- Publication record in top journals in the field
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering And Management
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7985