Lecturer in Medical Radiation, Medical Imaging, Teaching Academic Level A/B
- Based in Allied Health & Human Performance Unit at City East Campus
- Full-time, 5 year fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $72,218 (Level A), $101,784 (Level B) per annum (plus 17% super)
About the Role
The Lecturer in Medical Radiation (Medical Imaging) will contribute to the teaching, research/scholarship and professional activities for the Allied Health & Human Performance unit.
The teaching aspect of this position will primarily be in Medical Radiation discipline, however, due to an increased focus on multidisciplinary teaching, the position may be required to work with multidisciplinary student groups.
About UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance
The UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Academic Unit offers a wide range of degrees and conducts research in the fields of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, podiatry, medical radiation sciences, medical sonography, speech pathology, clinical exercise physiology, exercise and nutrition, health sciences, public health, exercise and sport science, and human movement.
Our degrees meet the evolving needs of the health industry, with our graduates actively contributing to the future health workforce in areas such as medical imaging, rehabilitation and wellness, disability, health promotion, chronic disease, pain management, wellbeing and high-performance sport.
- Initiate, develop and deliver courses as appropriate
- Provide academic counselling and high-quality service and advice to students
- Apply research and scholarship to the development of courses
- Conduct research /scholarly activity resulting in publications, and enhance the research profile of the Academic Unit through involvement in a research team
- Participate in appropriate consultancies, short courses and related professional activities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, together with registration or eligible for registration with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia (MRPBA)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in contemporary diagnostic radiography practice (such as digital imaging, and/or Computed Tomography and/or Magnetic Resonance Imaging).High level administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to undertake a range of teaching duties including the preparation of appropriate teaching materials and resources and the ability to actively engage and educate a student group.
- Demonstrated ability to enhance the research profile of the Academic Unit through collaborative research
- Have a passion for teaching and a commitment to continual development and improving performance
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional/industry including eligibility for registration with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
- Demonstrated expertise, knowledge and a commitment to the contemporary practice of medical radiation. (CT imaging desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to undertake teaching duties including the design and preparation of teaching activities and resources
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of university academic courses and ability to interpret and apply university policies and procedures
- Capacity and commitment to high quality, flexible teaching and learning outcomes, in both traditional and contemporary modes of delivery
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Eleanor Onorato, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 3376.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Tuesday 5 October 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.