Tenure Track Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering
Classification: Academic Level B / Level C
- Level B (Lecturer): $101, 805 –$115,428
- Level C (Senior Lecturer): $122,240 –$135,866
Term: Full time, Tenure Track
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is a s a vibrant and diverse community of more than three thousand students, staff, and visitors. Our College is comprised of three schools: the School of Computing, School of Cybernetics, and School of Engineering, supported by the Professional Services Group.
We are proud to attract great thinkers from industry and other academic disciplines, varied backgrounds and areas of expertise. We believe the responsibility of engineering and computing is to bring together expertise on people, technological systems, and science to put technology at the service of creating a more sustainable, responsible and safe world.
The School of Engineering brings together a diverse and welcoming community that is motivated to seek “wicked problems”. We connect divergent thinkers, to explore and pose solutions that cross the traditional interdisciplinary and global boundaries.
Applications are invited from experts with interest and expertise in the education, research, and engagement of the following Activity Clusters within the ANU School of Engineering:
- Aerospace Engineering: including space systems engineering, advanced propulsion systems, control of aerospace structures and vehicles, and aerospace systems for Earth observation.
- Environmental Engineering: including interconnected urban systems, management and monitoring of our waterways and surrounding oceans, bushfire prediction and response, and acknowledging and incorporating diverse and indigenous knowledge systems throughout our work in this space.
- Mechatronics Engineering: including Industry 4.0+, autonomous air, land, and sea systems, robotics, optimisation, control engineering, and systems integration.
We welcome and develop diversity of backgrounds, experiences and ideas and encourage applications from individuals who may have had non-traditional career paths, who may have taken a career break or who have achieved excellence in careers outside of academia.
To enquire about these positions please contact the Director of the ANU School of Engineering, Professor Christopher Kellett, T:+61 2 6125 2646, E: email@example.com
Position Description: Tenure Track Employment Booklet School of Engineering.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. The University actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, it is policy in the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science to require selection panels to seek a gender balance when compiling shortlists of candidates for interview. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
The ANU provides attractive benefits and excellent support to maintain a healthy work/life balance and offers generous remuneration benefits, including four weeks paid vacation per year, assistance with relocation expenses and 17% employer contribution to superannuation. This also includes generous parental leave, the possibility of flexible and part time working arrangements, a parental and aged care support program, dual career hire programs, ANU school holiday programs, and childcare facilities on campus. For more information, please visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources
We’re keen for you to have the chance to demonstrate both the impact of your research and your enthusiasm for joining us to reimagine engineering, computing and the use of technology in the world.
Applicants must apply online via the ANU recruitment portal and should upload the following separate documents:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) with contact details of at least two referees. Non-academic and non-traditional CVs are welcome.
- Response to the selection criteria or a 1-2 page pitch.
- Evidence of the impact of your portfolio of work, which may include research, course facilitation and outreach (this can be in case-study form).
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.