Research Fellow, Biological Sciences
The successful candidate will work with Yang Daiwen on Protein-based vaccine development under a project on Oral and Immersion Vaccines against Viruses in Asian Seabass.
The main responsibilities of the position include
- Selection of suitable antigens (virus and other pathogen proteins) as potential vaccine candidates,
- Production of the selected antigens using recombinant DNA technology,
- Development of methods for assembling the antigens as virus-like particles,
- Development of peptide-based adjuvants for enhancing immune response of vaccines delivered in oral and immersion routes.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD in immunology, structure biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry
- Molecular biology techniques, or/and immunological techniques,
- Problem solving and independent research,
- Oral and written communications.
- Experience in gene cloning, protein expression and purification, basic understanding of protein structure-function relationship.
Location: [[Kent Ridge]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department: [[Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: No