Workforce Development Trainer and Family Therapist
- Full-time position or Part-time at 28 hours per week
- Fixed term contract for 3 years from start date
- Located at Brunswick office
- $88,489 - $97,344 Pro Rata per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
One of the larger Schools within the College, the School of Psychology & Public Health undertakes teaching and research across a broad range of disciplines, including: Public Health; Rehabilitation Counselling; Health Information Management; Ergonomics, Safety and Health; Art Therapy; Psychology; Neuroscience; Counselling and Family Therapy.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Implement family-based and systemic practices in mental health, alcohol and other drugs and related services through the provision of training, supervision, and organizational consultation.
- Design, co-ordinate and deliver workforce development and implementation projects, including contributing to the evaluation and research components of these projects.
- Contribute to the knowledge base about how best to build capability for family inclusion in mental health, alcohol, and other drugs services and in range of related services.
Skills and Experience
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in social work, nursing, occupational therapy or psychology with a Post Graduate qualification in Family Therapy and eligibility for Clinical Membership of the Australian Association of Family Therapy.
- An inquiring mind and a desire to improve services.
- Skills and experience in providing training, consultation, supervision and support within an implementation framework to practitioners and managers in health and other human service settings.
- Experience in delivering contemporary training including online delivery and a willingness to contribute to the development of e-learning packages.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Tuesday 21st September 2021
Position Enquiries: Brendan O’Hanlon, Tel: 03 8481 4820, Email: email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.