Lecturer in Nursing, Teaching Focussed
- Full-time position
- Fixed Term contract until 31st December 2022
- Bundoora or any Nursing Clinical Site
- $98,510 - $116,332 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
A Level B academic with a teaching focussed appointment will work without the need for close supervision and is expected to develop curriculum, coordinate subjects, teach and support students as they learn. In addition, a teaching focussed academic will support the administrative functions of the discipline as well as undertake scholarly work relevant to the development of learning and teaching in their discipline or professional field.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Demonstrate effectiveness by taking an evidence-based approach to evaluate learning and teaching initiatives.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching by contributing to La Trobe’s SOLT including sharing of good practice.
- Coordinate and teach subjects providing a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes.
Skills and Experience
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A PhD in nursing or related discipline, and/or a Masters, currently enrolled in a PhD.
- Current or recent participation in clinical nursing practice.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development in tertiary nursing education.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday 21st of September 2021
Position Enquiries: Monica Peddle, Email: M.Peddle@latrobe.edu.au
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.