Research Associate, Data Management
Social Service Research Centre (SSR) at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS), would like to invite suitable candidates to apply for a full‐time position as Data Manager. The appointment will be for a period of 2 years at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
Since April 2015, SSR has been creating change through impactful social service research and capability development. We are dedicated to promote and test social innovations and help evolve a new social service infrastructure for Singapore's next phase of social development. As the only entity dedicated to research on social interventions in Singapore, SSR is the focal point of rigorous applied research, working in tandem with social service leaders in government, civil society, and private philanthropic institutions to critic, test-bed and facilitate large-scale, community-based service innovations through a variety of methods including programme evaluation and social analytics.
The Data Manager will join a multi-Agency national longitudinal research project. The project focuses on the rehabilitation and reintegration of youth in Singapore. The target sample is youth offenders and youth at risk. The study will examine the interaction between developmental and environmental factors with regard to offending and investigates the influence of these factors on successful rehabilitation and reintegration of youth into society.
His/Her responsibilities include:
- Proficient in data entry, data cleaning, data checking tasks
- Proficient in creating and managing documents, such as instruments and codebooks
- Proficient in admin and coordination duties: track forms, NOM, etc.
- Excellent work planning and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and in a changing environment
- Good understanding of psychological research
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of EPYC Research Data Management
- Develop and implement policies, workflows, and infrastructure regarding the management of data resources for EPYC, e.g. develop a data management plan
- Develop and implement workflows regarding data storage, protection, data linkage, and data access plans
- Manage the daily operations of the EPYC data
- Provide assistance to research associates/ research fellow, such as running workshops on data management topics
- Provide assistance to research associates/research fellow in conducting data analysis using EPYC data
The candidate should possess the following:
- A Master’s degree and above in relevant areas (Psychology is preferred)
- Proficient in R
- Good knowledge of SPSS, Mplus and other analytical software (if necessary)
- Proficient user of Office software
- Meticulous in handling data and data checking tasks
- Good communication skills, team player and collaboration skills
Interested applicants should include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- A writing sample (Published paper, thesis or research article)
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees