Postdoctoral Fellow in Nuclear Engineering
ORGANIZATION NAME College of Engineering
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral Fellow tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop constitutive models for the thermomechanical behavior of nuclear fuel claddings and implement them in commercial FE code (ABAQUS).Use the developed constitutive models to simulate the thermomechanical response of nuclear fuel claddings based on a given accident scenario.
- Document the obtained research findings in project reports, research papers and conference/workshop presentations.
- Formulate, plan and conduct research tasks in a timely manner, and in line with the project objectives and milestones.
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the procurement of consumables.
- Assist in training and mentoring of graduate students.
- Present research findings to the faculty team in periodic project meetings.
- PhD degree in Nuclear Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or in a similar discipline.
- Strong background and experience in finite element analysis (ABAQUS) involving both material and geometric nonlinearities.
- Strong background in Solid Mechanics, Fracture Mechanics, Plasticity and Creep.Good background in constitutive modelling of engineering materials.
- Experience in coding and implementing user subroutines in ABAQUS (e.g. UMAT, VUMAT, etc.).Established track record evidenced by publications in high-quality international journals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team-oriented research environment.
- Strong analytical skills, inter-personnel skills, and creative thinking.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their updated CV to Dr. Saeed Al Ameri email@example.com. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.