Research Engineer, Institute for Health Innovation and Technology, NUS
4 days left
- Full Time
We have a research engineer position open in Healthtech Translation Hub (HATCH) at the Institute of Health Innovation & Technology (iHealthtech), National University of Singapore (NUS). HATCH focuses on the translation of innovative technologies from lab to clinic and market. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work on translational research and development projects between scientists, engineers, and clinicians.
We are seeking a passionate and self-motivated research engineer to join our team to work on health technologies projects and support iHealthtech investigators in their translation efforts.
Key responsibilities of the candidate are:
- Work with different teams to translate research-driven technology into products
- Review literature, draft product requirements
- Develop and execute proof-of-concept studies or pilot trials
- Oversee prototype development, testing and debugging
- Manage relationships with external vendors, including design firms and ensure project deliverables are met on-time and on-budget.
- Perform design for manufacturability / usability / reliability studies
- Communicate with manufacturing vendors on scalable production
- Assist in technology related workshops, seminars and conferences, and other ad hoc tasks that may be assigned in course of duty
The successful candidate would be responsible for the execution of project deliverables and provide recommendations for risk mitigation. The appointment would start as soon as possible.
- Singaporean Citizen or Singaporean PR preferred
- At least bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, biomedical engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in product development and project management, preferably in instrumentation, including familiarity with both hardware and software.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills