Head of Neurology and Associate Professor/Professor of Neurology
Work type: Fixed Term to Oct 2026
Location: Hospital based
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Part time - 17% super
Salary: Level D or Level E
Working Hours: Head of Neurology 0.5FTE and Assoc Prof / Prof of Neurology 0.5FTE
The joint position of Head of Neurology/Professor of Neurology is an important appointment for both the University and the Hospital. The position is expected to provide academic leadership in the discipline of Neurology and to make innovative and distinctive contributions in the areas of academic leadership, clinical practice, research, research training, teaching and learning and engagement.
The position is also responsible to the Royal Melbourne Hospital to provide leadership to the Neurology Unit, and play a key role in ensuring leading edge, evidence -based practice within the unit is achieved. The Head of Unit plays an active role within their field, contributing to professional colleges or societies, presentations and attendance at conferences and scientific meeting and generally maintaining leadership within the profession.
You will possess;
- Appointees must be legally qualified practitioners, registered or registrable with AHPRA without conditions, undertakings or reprimands.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) with Specialist recognition in Neurology.
- Meets Melbourne Health requirements for credentialing and scope of practice in Neurology
- PhD or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- Ethical leader who values diversity and works effectively with individual differences
- Demonstrated clinical and academic leadership experience that builds collaborative and professional workplaces
- Ability to provide strategic focus and direction, fostering a culture of innovation and collaborative academic achievement
Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of Victoria’s largest public health services, The Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) provides a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs.
We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Our people of more than 10,000 strong, embody who we are and what we stand for. We’re here for when it matters most, and we’ll continue to be the first to speak out for our diverse community’s wellbeing and for delivering excellence together, always. www.thermh.org.au
Melbourne Medical School
Established in 1862, the Melbourne Medical School (MMS) has a substantial international reputation for its leadership in teaching and training, health research, policy and practice.
MMS comprises 13 clinical departments: Baker Department of Cardiometabolic Health, Clinical Pathology, Critical Care, General Practice, Medical Education, Infectious Diseases, Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Radiology, Rural Health and Surgery. The School has more than 1000 academic and professional staff, based either at The University of Melbourne’s Parkville campus or embedded within clinical health services throughout metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria. www.medicine.unimelb.edu.au
Both organisations offer generous employee benefits to help maximise your work life. These include flexible and family friendly working conditions, salary packaging, internal School and Faculty grant schemes including a dedicated scheme for women and generous leave provisions. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a culturally rich and values-based environment.
To find out more, go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
How to apply
Your submitted application should include a cover letter and your CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
Applications close: 24 Sep 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Biological Sciences Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Melbourne
- Biological Sciences Heads of Department jobs in Melbourne
- Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Melbourne
- Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Melbourne
- Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne